Thursday

9.11.2014


He comes back tonight (been gone since Tuesday on a work trip to Raleigh). I don't like when he leaves. I'm stuck driving, cooking, cleaning and keeping the peace between 5 kids. I epitomize the frazzled mom look. I wanted the big family and I got it

Mostly, I don't like when he leaves because I miss waking up next to him. I miss his familiar warmth and scent and the way he latches on to me and says "five more minutes". Five more minutes of alone time together before the kids start to wake up and the cats let us know that it's time to eat. Five more minutes before the coffee starts to brew and the phone starts to ring. Five more minutes of alone time together before the life we created won't allow it.

(Currently both the dogs are camping out on the bedroom floor and the 12 year old is hogging the bed. It's nice but it's not the same.) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

write.thrift.bake.roam All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger